Thursday, 22 January 2015
Graduating University is on the best moments of your life, everything you had worked for lead up to this one moment in time. So what thoughts run through your head once it's over? Here's a few of mine!
1. That's It. I actually have to do something with my life now. On my own.
2. What do I even want to do?
3. Is it really over? No more student days.
4. Oh! No more student discounts. My poor bank balance is going to suffer.
5. NO STUDENT LOAN. No more feeling rich and splurging on nights out and clothes. I'm actually going to have to save.
6. No 4 month long summers to spend as I please. I will be working and watching everyone else enjoy the summer sun. Or one month off at Christmas to frolic at Christmas parties or lounge in front of the fire.
7. No more slaving away at the laptop trying to frantically finish that essay I knew I should have started weeks ago.
8. My education has ended, it's all I've known for what? 14 years. Maybe I should do a masters?
9. However, I actually have letters after my name now. Call me BSc.
10. I actually did it though. I finished a degree, even after months of crying over that dissertation- and I didn't fall over walking across the stage.
11. I am the master of commitment and dedication- can I rewind and do it all again?
Here are but a few of the things I thought after my Graduation day. Let me know what thoughts you had when you graduated.
Tuesday, 20 January 2015
I have been after a blush palette for a while now, I have plenty of eye shadow palettes and find them so useful when travelling. The blush palette I chose to try is the Sleek Blush by 3 palette in the shade 'Pink Lemonade'.
The palette retails for around £10.00, which for 3 blushes I think is very reasonable. You can purchase the palette at Superdrug.
The first thing that drew me to the palette was the packaging, it looked sleek and compact, everything you want in a travel palette.
The second thing that drew me to the palette was the selection of blushes it contained.
There are two powder blushes and one cream blush, which I think is provides excellent choice. Those days when you want a more matte look you can use either of the two powder blushes, those days you want a more dewy finish you can reach for the cream blush. It's lovely to have a variety of options in one place.
The pigmentation of the blushes are amazing too with each of them being highly pigmented.
The most pigmented of the three is definitely the cream blush (the middle one), it is a lovely baby pink shade and it blends into your skin flawlessly. Giving the 'pinched' look to your cheeks.
The coral toned blush is also very pigmented and would look amazing in summer with coral lips and golden eyes. I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can use that shade more. For now I will be sticking to the light pink shades that are perfect for upcoming spring. I'll be using the cream blush too to give that fresh faced effect after a long dreary winter.
Overall, I am really impressed with this palette, not only with the colour pay off but also the variety of blushes it contains. It will definitely be the palette I reach for most as it's just so easy to pop In my make-up bag and off I go.
Sunday, 18 January 2015
Trench Coat- H&M
Check Jacket - New Look
Pink Pleather Skirt- Boohoo
Polo neck jumper- New Look
Bag- Michael Kors
Necklace- Tiffany & Co
I wore this outfit on a cold winters walk whilst we were on the way to visit our wedding venue, I bought the coat whilst we were backpacking around Europe. When we arrived in Amsterdam it was freezing, and not being one to need much persuading, I went on the hunt for a warm coat. This is what I found, a long black trench coat with silver zip detailing and belt. It's the easiest coat to wear and keeps me lovely and warm.
I paired a plain polo neck jumper with this faux leather pink skirt, just to give a pop of colour and texture to the outfit. I love nude and blush pinks so when I saw this skirt in the boohoo sale for just £6.00 I had to have it. I've worn it a handful of times and it's safe to say it will be a staple in my spring wardrobe this year.
I've also been loving these wedge knee high boots. They give me a little extra height yet are still comfy. I love that it means I can wear dresses and skirts yet my legs are still kept dry and warm.
I thought I would wear a few special items as it was a special day. I wore my Tiffany & Co necklace and my Michael Kors bag just to give the outfit that extra something.
Saturday, 17 January 2015
The other day I was out to dinner with my other half, when I realised some of the quirky little things I find myself doing since I started my blog. I had a little chuckle to myself by writing them down and then thought why not share them with you all and see how many of you do the exact same things!
So here we go- It's Okay Bloggers:
- It’s ok to grab the fork from your partners hand before he dig’s in to his meal, you need that perfect photo!
- It’s ok to stand awkwardly waiting for that jogger to pass by before you bust out your moves for your outfit post.
- It’s ok to spend hours taking numerous photos before deciding you dislike them all and will not be using them.
- It’s ok to take the same shot on different devices, what use is it having that one photo and not instagramming it too?!
- It’s ok to sit down with the ‘I’m going to blast out 3 blog posts today’ attitude and then spend hours browsing Pinterest instead. It is an addiction- send help!
- It’s ok to capture that amazingly healthy salad, then a day later post a picture of that indulgent slab of cake. Life is about balance.
- It’s ok to dress up to the max, take your photos, then return home and put on your PJ bottoms and hoody. Comfort is a must.
- It’s ok to not post for a week then post every day the following week, it’s a bit like waiting for a bus, the ideas all come at once.
- It’s ok to want a cactus, just because.
- It’s ok to buy a book just because it would look amazing on your coffee table.
There we have it, some of the little things I'm guilty of doing just because I love blogging! I like to call them my Bloggerisms. Let me know some of the things you've found yourself doing since you started your blog and leave them in the comments below!
Thursday, 15 January 2015
Finally the day had come, all the hard work had lead to this point and I can now call myself a Graduate and no longer a student!
The day was held inside the Velodrome, it was packed. There must have been at least 2000 people packed into one space. For someone who was already nervous it was scary to say the least!
It was one of the most nerve-wrecking moments of my life walking across that stage, trying not to trip! It was an amazing high to hear the applauds and cheers as I made my way across. I had done it and I had made it out unscathed.
We let go of our hats and threw them into the air in celebration, these girls helped me get through the difficult 3 years with shopping breaks at dinner to laughing through lectures. I couldn't have asked for better friends and I don't think I would have got through early or late lectures without them!
I am now officially a BSc of Psychology! The most important document of my education, now I have to find a frame for it!
What better way to celebrate than with some cake?! Especially cheesecake!
Hope you enjoyed a sneaky peak into one of the most important moments in my life (so far!) What a way to start 2015, let's hope the rest of the year follows suit!
Have any of you graduated this year?
Monday, 12 January 2015
Blush Pink Blazer- New Look
Stripe Tunic Dress- New Look
Pink Gloves- Matalan
Boucle A-Line Skirt- River Island
Grey Roll Neck Top- New Look
Pink and Grey Tote Bag- New Look
Pink Dolly Flats- Select
Stripe Shirt- New Look
Cleated Sole Heels- New Look
I can't believe the first full week of January is over. It seems that as soon as Christmas had passed the weeks rushed ahead and before we knew it January had arrived. It's a funny old month January, it's the start of a brand new year. A whole year laid out in front of you to do with it what you please. We all make plans, we dream of summer holidays, nights out with friends, resolutions, goals and much more.
If your a fashion lover like me, a new year means new styles. I can't help but think of spring already. Winter still has us in it's clutches but I'm dreaming of longer days, fresh air, country walks and pastel colours.
I've noticed a lot of stores are already introducing their new spring lines, they all contain a monochrome underlay with a pop of colour. Whether it be pretty pastels or vibrant limes and cobalt blues the main theme is monochrome with a twist, and I like it. I have a mainly monochrome wardrobe as it is so thought these few pieces would be the perfect transition for when the weather does (fingers crossed) get warmer and we can peel off a few layers. I'm still wearing my bobble hats, scarves, gloves, jumpers, you name it. I long to put on a nice outfit and not cover it with a big coat and scarf.
One store that has particularly caught my eye with it's new season collection is New Look, they have some beautiful pastel pieces and I have been after a pastel pink blazer for a long time! I like the idea of pairing it with the monochrome stripe tunic and pretty sandals for a warm breezy spring day, maybe with sunglasses and a floppy hat weather permitting!
So even though spring is still a distant dream yet it's always fun to plan your new season wardrobe.
What are you looking forward to this year?
*Images sourced from respective websites