So you have a spare hour on a Sunday afternoon?
Well then, this recipe is the one for you! It's a lazy girl's lemon drizzle cake, lazy because it's just so easy to make.
You will need:
225g Caster Sugar
225g Self-Raising flour
What to do:
For the cake:
1. Grease your baking tin, or use greaseproof paper
2. Measure and add all your ingredients into one bowl, stir well until mixture thickens
3. Pop into oven on 180/gas mark 4 and leave to bake for 30 minutes. Keep checking and use a skewer, if your cake is cooked when you stab the cake with the skewer it should come out clean.
For the topping (my favourite part):
1. Take cake out of oven and leave to cool
2. Using a fork stab holes into the top of the cake, evenly all over.
3. Take a bowl and roughly pour 50g of granulated sugar into it, keep adding drops of lemon juice until a paste forms.
4. Pour all over the cake.
Time to eat!!
Just so easy! It's the perfect recipe for all bakers, novice and expert. I'm very much a novice at this stage but hoping to improve on this- watch out Great British Bake Off!
Let me know if you have a go at making this